Conditions of Use, Notices, Revisions and Security Policy
Drillamerica.com appreciates your concerns about the security of your confidential on-line business transactions. Drillamerica.com takes security measures to protect any information passed between our website and your computer during ordering sessions; however, we cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure. Drillamerica.com continually takes measures to secure and protect all customer-specific information from loss, misuse, and alteration.
If you choose to visit Drillamerica.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New Jersey. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use unless you are otherwise notified. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to. We encourage you to check our website frequently to see recent changes.
How Secure Is Information About Our Customers?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
How are user names and passwords assigned?
Each customer will have a unique user name which and password in order to log-in and transact with Drillamerica.com. User names will be the customers preferred e-mail address. All communication between Drillamerica.com and our customers will be via the userâ€™s registered e-mail address. Passwords require 6 characters, are non case sensitive and must contain at least one letter and one number.
What information does Drillamerica.com collect and keep about their customers?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve the buying experience at Drillamerica.com.
Here is the type of information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our websites or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our many features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future buying for you, improving our website and product offerings, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we may use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Drillamerica.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Drillamerica.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- Information from Outside Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also may receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Does Drillamerica.com share information about its customers?
We share customer information as described below:
- To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online or through our catalogs.
- We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our partners and others.
- We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
Independent Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Affiliated businesses we do not control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores that interact with Drillamerica.com or sell offerings to you at Drillamerica.com. In other cases, we provide services or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when another business is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that business.
Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Drillamerica.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of Drillamerica.com and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Drillamerica.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.